10 Benefits Of Working At A Casino
Wouldn’t it be fun to play games for a living? If you work on the floor of a fast-paced, high-energy casino, that dream could be a reality. Whether you’re flipping cards, spinning a wheel, or counting chips, there are so many benefits to pursuing a career in the gaming industry.
Below, we’ve put together the top ten reasons to work at a casino.
- Personal interaction. Casino jobs are perfect for people who love spending time with other people. You’re never alone on a casino floor, always socializing with players and working together with other members of your team.
- Variety. It’s hard to get bored when you work in a casino, since no two days are ever the same. Sometimes you’ll engage in fascinating conversations, and other times you’ll get to revel in the joy of watching someone hit the big jackpot. Either way, you’ll always have an interesting story to tell.
- Active lifestyle. Many casino jobs require you to be on your feet, constantly moving around to keep pace with the action on the floor. You get to avoid the dangers of a sedentary lifestyle while enjoying a clean, well-lit, and well-ventilated environment.
- Good benefits. Depending on your employment status and position, you may be eligible for excellent casino benefits, such as health insurance, tuition assistance, retirement plans, meal allowances, paid time off, and more.
- Room for growth. The gambling industry is thriving, and according to statistics compiled from the University of Nevada, Las Vegas, casino revenues have been on the rise in the United States for the past several years. Working in a casino allows you to participate in a dynamic, growing field.
- Mobility. With the growth of the gambling industry come more opportunities for employment. Casino jobs aren’t relegated to Las Vegas or Atlantic City; there are casinos all over the country – including the growing list of California casinos – so your skills will transfer no matter where you choose to live.
- Flexibility. With 24-hour gaming in most casinos, you can usually work flexible shifts to accommodate your own schedule and personal preferences. Night owls can burn the midnight oil, while parents can work around school and childcare hours.
- Tips. Most casino jobs offer competitive base salaries, but as a dealer, you have the added advantage of receiving tips. If you’re friendly and take care of your players, odds are, when they win the big payout, they’ll take care of you, too.
- Low barrier to entry. Casinos offer many entry-level positions that require no more education than a high school diploma or GED. Training is often minimal and can be completed in a matter of weeks, so you can quickly get up-and-running in your new career.
- Fun! There aren’t many other jobs where you get to play all day and get paid. The excitement on a casino floor is contagious, and as a casino worker, you get to experience it all.
Start your career at Golden Acorn Casino
If you’re looking for a job in one of the casinos near San Diego, CA, consider applying at Golden Acorn Casino. We have a number of wonderful career opportunities available for hard-working, fun-loving people like you. Located in the gorgeous Campo Mountains in East County, we’re easily accessible from major freeways like the 8, 10, and 94.
Call (619) 938-6000 to find out more information on how you can join our team.
Disclaimer: This text is purely a perspective based on research using the following sources: